Sunday, April 05, 2009

15 weeks - Check up went well

Well, this week marks week 15! Ray and I went to the doctor today and the baby is doing well. We were able to hear the heartbeat which was 154 bpm. This is good and strong! The doctor said that everything was progressing nicely and wants to see us in 6-weeks. We will go back on Thursday May 21st. During this visit we will have an ultrasound done to make sure the baby is developing on schedule and to hopefully (cross your fingers) find out the sex of the baby!!! We are very excited to find out so the planning can begin!!!

I am feeling well. I am in the second trimester so I am feeling good and anticipating the belly to grow very quickly from her on out! :)

As I was looking at pictures today on the computer I forgot to share the story of how I told and showed Ray we were pregnant!
As you can see the + sign is faintly there but it's there! :)


I took the pregnancy test the day after we returned from vacation. Ray was sleeping and I was getting ready for work. I did my business on the stick and put it on the bathroom counter. I kept looking at it thinking, does that say what I think it says? I have take quite a few over the years with the same result, could this time be different? Well, it was! I start freaking out and pacing the bathroom floor. Should I wake Ray up? What should I do? Should I call someone?? Well, I freaked out about it all day. Needless to say my first day back to work after vacation was not a productive one! :) So, Ray had to work late that night so I was going through all of the different options of telling him. Do a search on the web and you will find hundreds! I decided on the placing the word "BABY" on the spare room we had always planned to be a nursery. When he arrived home I asked him to come up stairs. He thought something was wrong with the roof (we had a leak a few weeks earlier) but he came up and started looking at the ceiling. I had to point him in the right direction and he was shocked. He said "What does that mean?" I said "What do you think it means, we are going to have a baby!!"

I don't think it was until week 10 or so that Ray realized this really is happening! He is so involved and is so very excited to be a dad. He is a terrific husband and will be an outstanding father.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you guys :))) I will keep checking for updates. Love and miss you guys lots.
XOXO
Shannon and Joel DeGraaf

T and J said...

Leslie and Raymond,
Leslie are you carving anything? Ashley has requested a peanut butter pie for Sunday and one to take home. It is your turn to request something. Shelby can wait for your buffalo chicken dip. Have a safe trip and we can't wait to see your belly.
Love, Uncle T and Aunt J and Kids

T and J said...

Shelby can't wait, Sorry

WineLover said...

that is so sweet - you made me teary eyed :-)