Saturday, March 31, 2012

Food & Memories

Sausage, Potatoes & Green Beans

Growing up we had family friends who's mom would make a recipe similar to this. I think I have it mastered!! Smells can often bring back memories for me. This dish takes me back to fun carefree days playing until the sun went down! I have great memories of eating this dish and today it still makes me smile!! :)

Here is a recipe from All Recipes below is a modification that I use when making this dish:

I wanted to cook indoors, so I preheated the oven to 425. In the meantime, I seared the sausage with some Worcestershire sauce just to seal in the flavor, then added this to a nonstick-sprayed roasting pan and mixed in the potatoes & drizzled with olive oil, Kosher salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder: I often toss in other spices or even a little Mrs. Dash. In the same skillet with the sausage juices, I sauteed the green beans with 4 cloves minced garlic and a bit of olive oil to soften. I then added this to this mixture to the roasting pan and tossed all the ingredients together to coat. Finally, I covered the pan with aluminum foil and baked for 40 minutes, removing the foil for the last 15 minutes, and stirring occasionally.

No comments: