Saturday, January 29, 2011

10 weeks, times are changing

We have now hit the 10 week mark and doing so well! Tummy time is part of our routine and Parker wanted to show all of his fans how big he really is. He loves his blanket that Grandma Terry made for him. Parker is "talking" to us more and more. When we are changing his diaper he will make lots of noises and loves to lay on his changing table and talk. Sleep is getting better at the Gibbs house. I had been waking him up at 1am to feed him. I know some of you are cringing at the notion of waking a sleeping baby. Yes, I should have listened to some of you but hey I have to learn on my own right! :) The doctor told us to let him sleep and when he is hungry he will let us know. I guess I should just say "me" instead of "us" since Ray sleeps through everything!! :) Well, low and behold the first night he slept from 9pm to 4:30am!! I am praying this will continue.

Big changes will be happening this next week. I am going back to work on Tuesday. Parker is lucky enough to get to spend a lot of quality time with his daddy. We will have a creative schedule to make sure Parker is well taken care of. Ray will be off most days and work some evenings and weekends. On some days Grandma Terry will come over after school to help cover the hours between Ray going to work and me returning home. We just have to make it through the end of May and then Grandma Terry will watch Parker over the summer. We will see how this works to make any long term plans. I am looking forward to getting back to a schedule and think I will be a better mom having more of a balance. I am also excited for Ray and Parker to have time to bond. Ray will do a great job, probably better than me!! :)

We hope everyone has a great week and stay tuned for next weeks post and how returning to work goes! :)

No comments: