Saturday, May 28, 2011

Stop Stupid Spending Saturdays! (SSSS)

A few weeks ago I implemented a new rule/idea/motto, whatever you would like to call it....

Stop Stupid Spending
(and since is started on a Saturday we will add another "S")


I am so over having my house filled with things we will never use. When my Grandma Mehl is reminded me that when we leave this world we leave all material things behind. We think the more we have the better off we will be. I know can you believe this is coming from the girls who loves all new gadgets, Coach purses and just loves having stuff!?! Well, I am trying to change, so make sure you help me!! :)

Online shopping, cause you know it's too hard to get out with a baby, WAS a problem before I implemented SSSS (stop stupid spending saturday). We have lots of bills to pay down, kids aren't cheap. We are not longer in the DINK (double income no kids) category and our SS (stupid spending) needed to stop. People/me always think that if I have the next big thing everything will be great when all it does is add more complications in my life. I still think I NEED an iPad but I am going to use this as "bate" to save. Ray is the saver and I am the spender. I used to say CHARGE IT! Well, that can add up quick and gets you no where. Yes, I now know this. I am a pretty smart cookie but it takes time for things to sink in.

Since I have implemented SSSS it has been going pretty well. No random stops at Target or Walmart. I don't just go to the store to go, I have a list and I do my best to stick to it. I did order some items from Diapers.com but I did a full disclosure to Ray so he knew that boxes would be arriving and what was going to be in them. We have also started purging and cleaning. I took clothes (the ones that were too big :) to Clothes Mentor. I am taking some of Parker's clothes to Once Upon a Child and then planning to have a garage sale. It feels great to purge!

If we want our dreams to come true we have to chip away a little at a time. Always moving forward, even if that means falling forward & getting back up!

No comments: