Monday, May 16, 2011

Not forgotten...

Grandma Mehl, Parker & Buddy
On Friday May 6, 2011 Grandma Mehl passed away. This is my dads mom. She loved Parker so very much. This picture was taken in January 2011 when we went to visit. Buddy was so jealous of anyone who got near Grandma so he was not very happy about her holding Parker. I regret not taking more pictures of the two of them together. You always think, well next time, but you might have that next time... We miss you Grandma and know that you are in heaven with lots of great people. We miss you here on earth but know we have lots of angels watching over us!

During this time of loss it usually leads me to reflect. Reflect on what is really important in life and what isn't... Parker is our world and our priorities have changed. I started a blog post that I never published and the title of the post is "perspective". Parker has brought perspective to my life and certain things just aren't important any more. My friends loved to tease me about silly things I would do like track my miles per gallon for my car... in an excel spreadsheet... or labeling everything around my house or even my office. I didn't have anything better to do so why not! My life and my heart was missing something and that was having my own family. Yes, I had Ray and my family and my friends but I still had that void. Well, that void has now been filled and I am so grateful for the love he has brought into our lives. We are reprioritizing our lives and hope to share some of those changes in the coming weeks.

No comments: