Sunday, October 17, 2010

35 weeks, bags are packed! :)

During the past week I have had a little cold. I have been very lucky that I have not really been sick so a little cold is manageable. Since I can't take much I guess I have to let it take its course.

We went to the doctor today and will continue to go each week from here on out. Because of my gestational diabetes they will be checking Parker's weight and position. It's very surreal because this means we are getting so close to d-day!! Everything went well at the doctors and Parker is still breach and measuring right on schedule. We will be going in for an ultrasound in 2 weeks to check on his weight. We will also determine if he is still breach and have more discussions about delivery options as time goes on.

So we have started the final steps on the check list by having our bags packed and car seat installed. Well, bag is packed and car seat is almost installed! :) Ray is in charge of packing all electronics and I was in charge of packing what I need and what we think we will need for Parker. The car seats should be installed by early next week. We have some great firefighters around who will be checking Ray's work to make sure the car seats are installed properly.

Over all we are all doing great and just trying to take one day at a time. I am also trying not to get to overwhelmed with all of the shoulda, coulda, woulda things! We have everything we need and when it's time for Parker to arrive, it will be time! What's a post without pics! Here are a few from the friends shower that I forgot to post! Enjoy!

Yummy Strawberry Cake!

The Hostesses! Natalie, Liz, me and Sarah


The super cute decorations!

1 comment:

WineLover said...

Time flies when you're having fun! Can't believe it's gone so far (for me anyway! :)