Monday, September 20, 2010

31 weeks & feeling pregnant

I know I have been pregnant for 31 weeks but I have just started to feel the pain! :) I am starting to get more tired and my back is not feeling so well. I do love however all of the movement that Parker is making in my belly. He has been very active and lots of solid kicks and punches. He is really good at kicking when Ray or my Dad puts their hands of my belly but when Grandma Terry wants to feel , he stops. She isn't feeling the love right now but I am sure she will get her turn very soon!

The downfall over the last couple of weeks has been being diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I was very upset when I first found out but after meeting with a great friend, Amber Foster, who also has diabetes, I felt much better. She met with me before my appointment with the dietitian. We brainstormed ideas of what to eat and Amber prepared me for the worst. After meeting with the dietitian and getting my meter I felt very prepared and informed. There was no crying from being overwhelmed just a determination to follow the plan and control my sugar. It's not really a diet, it's how I should have been eating anyway so I am going to make this a life change. I feel so much better with having my belly full all of the time and never "stuffed". I know I need to make these changes to help Parker and myself! Thank you Amber for your love and support! :)

Now that I have that schedule down I am now trying to relax and prepare for a very busy October. We have plans to attend a breastfeeding class, labor & delivery class and many events with in the family. Thank you for reading and we hope to see everyone very soon! Love you all!

No comments: